Introducing The Lone Star Series

you-tube-thumbnail

The Axis of Evil had the perfect strategy.
Destroy the heartbeat of America.
Invade with their million man army.
But there was one thing they didn’t count on…Texas.

Author Bobby Akart once again masterfully intertwines historical fact with plausible fiction in his newest post-apocalyptic EMP thriller, The Lone Star Series.

For decades, politics have forced our United States military to be hampered by restrained rules of engagement. As a result, Russia and China grow stronger while rogue nations like North Korea and Iran test us.

Nuclear Armageddon hangs over us like a mighty sword.

Sabers are rattling, and the war of words escalate between America and her enemies. When a group of powerful, influential people from the deep state challenges a new, untested president, things go awry.

The decisions made in darkened rooms of Washington have a profound impact on Americans. The Armstrongs spend their time tending to the family ranch in Texas, and preparing for a worst case scenario. One of them will unknowingly be the catalyst for World War III.

The Lone Star series will be a thought-provoking, gut-wrenching look into a post-apocalyptic world devastated by nuclear destruction.

Foreword by Dr. Peter Vincent Pry.  Audible performed by Sean Runnette

Please enjoy the video trailer for THE LONE STAR SERIES below.

AUTHOR’S NOTE REGARDING PG-13 RATING

The Lone Star Series does not contain strong language. It is intended to entertain and inform audiences of all ages, including teen and young adults. Although some scenes depict the realistic threat our nation faces from an EMP attack and nuclear destruction, and the societal collapse which will result in the aftermath, it does not contain graphic scenes typical of other books in the post-apocalyptic genre. I believe more of our young people need to lead a preparedness lifestyle. Studies show that our millennials do not have any of the basic survival skills. By writing this series free of vulgarities and gratuitous sexual innuendo, I’ve intended it to be suitable for everyone. Thanks.

BOOKS IN THE LONE STAR SERIES

Book One: AXIS OF EVIL, #1 Post Apocalyptic Best Seller – Available Now, Order on Amazon
Book Two: BEYOND BORDERS – Available Now, Order on Amazon
Book Three: LINES IN THE SAND – Available Now, Order on Amazon
Book Four: TEXAS STRONG – Available Now, Order on Amazon
Book Five: FIFTH COLUMN – Available Now, Order on Amazon
Book Six: SUICIDE SIX – Available Now, Order on Amazon

Share:

9 Comments

1. SandyAnnS
    February 18, 2018 / 8:11 pm

Wow, Bobby, looks like another GREAT series! America needs to step it up and be prepared as the time is getting closer, but some people turn a blind eye. May God help us all when the day arrives the nation goes into darkness.

2. Charlie
    March 31, 2018 / 10:08 pm

WOW is an understatement. Just finished Beyond Beyond Borders and it was outstanding. I am a retired DHS LEO (ICE) and was in charge of Force Protection for the State of Texas for the last 10 years. BOBBY AKHART is not only a gifted writer, he has an excellent understanding of the real world workings the Federal LE Agencies and the Military and Intel Community. I look forward to the book in the series.

• Patrick Rodgers, Ph.D.
      April 29, 2018 / 3:54 am

Has Texas actually taken the preparedness steps outlined in the book? Although not currently residing there, I am a native Texan. I am also retired LEO and I thank you for your service.

3. Patrick Rodgers, Ph.D.
    April 29, 2018 / 3:51 am

Have read most of the Survivalist books on the market. Am just finishing Book 2 of the Lone Star Series. Although, they are works of fiction, I especially like the realistic scenarios and names of real people. I find this series is excellent for providing food for thought in preparing such an eventuality. I look forward to the rest of the Series.

4. Roy
    April 29, 2018 / 7:34 pm

I’ve just finished reading book #1 in The Lone Star Series, and I have to say, I’m impressed! I’m retired US Army Special Forces, AND a Texan, and for the most part, everything is spot on. There are a few discrepancies, but I just put that down to literary license, after all, it isn’t my book. LOL

One thing Mr. Akart has hit the proverbial nail on the head with, is the loyalty of Texians, and how much we love The Old Republic.

I’ve just ordered the next book in the series, and am eagerly awaiting it’s delivery !

5. Pamela Dickinson
    May 8, 2018 / 1:48 pm

As a military brat and ex-wife of a Green Beret, and a Texan born, I LOVE Axis of Evil. Although I do find it ironic that Pres. Trump just got “Dear Leader” to shake hands with the S. Korean president. Hopefully he ain’t hidin’ an ICBM in the other hand. Gotta go. Gotta go get into Beyond Borders!!! (If I wasn’t so dang old and had the money….I’d be preparing for sure.)

6. Kenneth D Chrosniak
    June 30, 2018 / 12:59 pm

Bobby, your series sounds quite intriguing! I was intimately involved in the attempts of Sen. Bob Hall (R-TX) to pass Senate Bill 83 over the last couple of years. The intent was to Harden/protect the standalone grid system, that only Texas has, called the ERCOT. Yes, Texas is unique as it is not totally dependent on any other region for its electric power. But your past legislature failed to pass that legislation, which I’m sure was supported by your Governor, due to treasonous efforts of your electric industry lobbyist and the chairman of the House affairs committee at that time who put it aside and decided that Texas citizens were not entitled to that protection, – which resulted in the bill not being forwarded for a full vote. So no, Texas is not protected to a high-altitude nuclear burst, cyber attack (which is ongoing right now), massive solar induced electromagnetic pulse (EMP) and a few others. This is good that you have this medium to get the word out to your fellow Texans, to hopefully unite with Sen. Bob Hall and your Gov. I briefed a Texas Senate committee sometime ago on the problem sets involving little to no power in Texas for several months to a year or more. Many of us were hopeful that that legislation would pass, but you have people in power that do not have the best interest of Texas at heart. Good luck.

7. William
    July 16, 2018 / 2:12 am

Just started the series and first time to Bobby Akart, I’m so far impressed with the simple lack of sex and vulgar language. I’m about 1 third of the way through this book and I’ve only had to cringe 2 times from swear words. Niether of them an f bomb or g_d. As a Christian I’m very careful to keep things clean and though I would rather the book be 100 percent free of swearing, so far I haven’t been forced to throw delete it from my audible. I will probably continue buying books from this author that stays at this level of cleanliness. The writing is superb and threatens to put me into binge reading the whole thing at once. Im trying to pace myself though because I cant afford to buyout the whole series at once and call of work the next 4 days. Told my wife that we should move to Texas today too. Seriously though great writing.

8. Howard Stern